Liverpool have made Ousmane Dembele a transfer priority this summer after Barcelona reportedly hit financial problems, claims a report in Spain.
It’s not the first time that France forward Dembele has been linked with Anfield, in fact he has been mentioned as a target numerous times over the last 18 months or so.
Last month though Spanish pundit Guillem Balague, who infamously said Neymar was not signing for PSG, claimed Dembele was not a target for Jurgen Klopp this summer.
Last week though AS claimed a deal could still be on the table and on Monday Sport via Sport Witness had a full-page splash which translates as “Klopp wants Dembele”.
The report claims Dembele “one of the most attractive players” who could leave the Camp Nou and that the 22-year-old is an “objective”for Jurgen Klopp.
The Catalan paper suggests that Liverpool are “preparing a 90m proposal for Dembele” after getting wind of reports that Barca are struggling financially.
Barca have been forced to apply a 70% salary reduction to all their professional athletes, while all non-playing staff also face a compulsory wage reduction during the period of lockdown due to the coronavirus.
A proportional reduction of the remuneration provided for in the respective contracts was the LaLia clubs explanation, and Sport report that the view from England is that Liverpool are trying top capitalise on the uncertainty.
The report also hints the Spanish champions may have to sell players this summer in order to balance their books after the Covid-19 disease suspended football in the country indefinitely.
It’s also stated that a move for Dembele is at the “express request” of Klopp, who wants to add the talented attacker to his squad with Xherdan Shaqiri and Adam Lallana likely to leave this summer.
Shaqiri moved to Liverpool in the summer of 2018 from Stoke in a £13million deal but has mainly been a fringe player in his time with the Reds.
According to Football Insider, Liverpool have given the green light to allow Shaqiri to find a new club in the summer and the 28-year-old has a number of suitors across Europe, including Sevilla.
Therefore, Klopp will be looking for a suitable replacement and Dembele, who has featured only nine times this season due to injury, could be a contender.
Last month Barca said on their official website that former Rennes and Borussia Dortmund player was expected to be out of action for six months after undergoing surgery on a leg injury.
The post Jurgen Klopp keen to capitalise on Barcelona financial woes with 90m summer proposal appeared first on teamtalk.com.