Man Utd's danger men identified by Southampton ahead of weekend clash Southampton play host to Manchester United on Sunday, knowing a win could see them move back into the Champions League places and seven points clear of the Red Devils
LaLiga escape route opens up for out-of-form Chelsea star
Kepa Arrizabalaga could have an escape route out of Chelsea in January that would suit all parties, according to a report.
The 26-year-old Spaniard has fallen down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge after the arrival of Edouard Mendy.
Kepa is now battling it out with Willy Caballero to be second choice to the new boy, who has impressed after arriving from Rennes.
Lampard said: At the moment yes; hes shown his quality.
The way hes played, hes played very well, thats two clean sheets for him already.
As it stands he is (the number one) but thats always up for grabs. But the way hes playing Im very happy.”
But Kepa could leave on loan in January with Sevilla understood to be looking at the possibilities of a temporary deal.
Estadio Deportivo report that Kepa could be an option in January for Monchi, after the LaLiga club enquired about the keeper in the summer.
Bono is Sevilla’s number one keeper, but Monchi is looking for competition for the Moroccan.
Tomas Vaclik is his deputy, but he has only eight months remaining on his contract and Monchi wants some long-term competition.
Kepa was dropped for Tuesday’s game with Sevilla after conceding three against Southampton. He has now conceded eight goals in three Premier League games.
Several outlets have reported that he has held talks with Lampard about a loan move.
And Todofichajes said last month his agent has started to offer Kepas services around Europe. The hope was that a club could be found before deadline day on October 5.
That date passed though and now a January exit is believed to be Kepa’s target. Whether Sevilla could pay all of his wages remains a doubt. And if a permanent deal is to be discussed, Chelsea will have to take a huge hit on the £71.6m they paid.
Kepa remains the world’s most expensive goalkeeper, but his value has plummeted since his move from Bilbao in August 2018.
Meanwhile, in a further blow to Kepa, he now could face a new challenge in the shape of the retired Petr Cech.
Chelsea registered former goalkeeper in their Premier League squad on Tuesday. The 38-year-old on hand if required in a coronavirus-related emergency.
Cech is still younger than 39-year-old Blues veteran keeper Willy Caballero, and is on hand if required. Thats despite retiring in the summer of 2019.
The post LaLiga escape route opens up for out-of-form Chelsea star appeared first on teamtalk.com.